Get answers to your questions about your ALX Wallet Crypto Wallet.
Setting Up Your Wallet
Get answers to your questions about downloading and setting up your ALX Wallet wallet app.
How to create a wallet in the ALX Wallet app
The ALX Wallet App lets users create multiple wallets which share the same recovery phrase. This new feature simplifies the wallets recovery and portability.
Before proceeding, make sure to backup your 12 word recovery phrase. If you lose your 12 word phrase, you will lose access to your funds.
Why don't I have an online account for my ALX Wallet?
You do not need an account on prodoge.com to use your ALX Wallet. Your ALX Wallet is secured using your device and your private key: by design, ALX Wallet never has access to your bitcoin, dogecoin, digibyte, ethereum, usd coin, or your wallet.
You must copy down your Private Keys and keep them somewhere very safe. Do not email them to yourself or keep a copy on the device where your wallet is. If you do this and then your device is stolen, then the thief would be able to steal your wallet's funds as well.
I Wrote Down a Wallet Seed Backup Phrase Word Incorrectly. What Can I Do?
If your 12 word backup phrase does not work when you attempt to import it into a wallet app, you may have written down one or more of the words incorrectly.
Here are some things you can double-check:
If you are using a mobile device, please check to confirm that:
- Are you sure the recovery phrase was written in the correct order?
- Did you use all lowercase letters and no punctuation?
- Did you add a password to your recovery phrase?
- Do you have the QR code or text/file backup?
- Did you separate each word with a single space only (no commas or any other punctuation)?
- For backup phrases in non-English languages: Some words may include special symbols (ñ, è, っ, etc.), so be sure to spell all the words correctly.
- Your phone is not capitalizing the first letter of any word.
- Your phone is not adding spaces:
- Before the first word
- More than one space between words
- After the last word
Using Your Wallet
Get answers to your questions about sending, receiving, and securing transactions in your ALX Wallet wallet app.
What can I do with the ALX Wallet?
By creating your ALX Wallet wallet, you become your own bank. ALX Wallet wallet is a non-custodial wallet where only you control your private keys. Unlike custodial services, ALX Wallet has no access to your wallet(s).
- Security: You own your crypto currency by keeping track of a private key. It's a unique digital signature and you're the only one who owns, or knows your private key, there is no reset or recovery. You have total control and total responsibility over your funds.Send & Accept Payments: Instead of entering all of your personal information when you buy something with bitcoin, usually all you need to do is scan a QR code or copy and paste a receiving address to pay. Then, with a swipe or the press of a button, you can send funds to anyone anywhere in the world in minutes.Pseudonymous: Transactions, addresses, and wallets are not connected to real-world identities. While it is possible to analyze the flow of transactions in order to make inferences about the owners of funds, there is no such thing as a bitcoin ‘account’.Global: Bitcoin is not owned or controlled by any single entity, which makes it a borderless technology. Anyone can send any amount of bitcoin anywhere, anytime, for minimal transaction fees.Irreversible: After confirmation, a transaction cannot be reversed. Bitcoin is a uniquely secure payment method which eliminates chargeback risks.
With the ALX Wallet you can:
- Store funds in Bitcoin (BTC), Dogecoin (DOGE), Digibyte (DGB), Ethereum (ETH), or USD Coin (USDC).
- Send and receive cryptocurrency.
- Make Purchases within the ALX Wallet marketplace or at merchants throughout the world who accept crypto currency.
- Pay invoices that accept crypto currency.
However, there are some things you cannot do with the ALX Wallet:
- Deposit or receive fiat currencies (USD, EUR, JPY, etc).
- Send crypto directly to bank accounts.
- Store crypto other than those supported. If you want to use other cryptocurrencies, you will need a separate wallet app for that currency.
Install the ALX Wallet App
Begin by installing the ALX Wallet app for either Apple or Android devices.
Create a Wallet
If you are new to the crypto world, you will need to create a cryptocurrency wallet.
If you already have crypto currency wallets that you wish to use in order to receive payments to, simply copy and paste their addresses into the “Wallets & Accounts” screen in the ALX Wallet app to connect your wallets.
Back up your Wallet
If you have created new ALX Wallet wallet(s), you must copy and backup your seed recovery phrase. This step is extremely important:
You must write down the recovery phrase and store it securely. If you do not, you will have no way to recover the wallet and you could lose the wallet and all your funds. There is no way to recover the wallet if you do not have the recovery phrase. ALX Wallet cannot recover your wallet or your phrase for you.
Loading the wallet with funds
To load your wallet, you need to have cryptocurrency either in another wallet or on an exchange. If you do not have funds, you can purchase cryptocurrency inside the app by clicking on "Buy", or on an exchange that operates in your country.
To purchase cryptocurrency on an exchange, you will likely need to use a bank account as the payment method. Most exchanges do not allow you to use credit cards to buy cryptocurrency.
For most exchanges, the process will be:
- Create an account on the exchange.
- Register a payment method.
- Buy cryptocurrency.
- Send the funds to your ALX Wallet.
If you buy crypto currency inside the app using Moonpay, your crypto will be automatically deposited to your ALX Wallet wallet(s).
Sending and Receiving Funds
After your wallet has been properly backed up, it is ready to send and receive funds.
Because transactions are not reversible, we strongly recommend caution when sending and receiving funds.
Double check the destination address with the receiver. When entering the address, either scan or copy and paste it- do not type it in.
Before giving your address to others who want to send you funds, make sure the address is correct. When sharing the address, either let the sender scan it or copy and paste the address- do not type it in.
Cashing your money out
If you have funds in your wallet and want to cash them out, you will need to sell your crypto through an exchange. ALX Wallet does not provide exchange services.
For most exchanges, the process will be:
- Look for an exchange that operates in your country.
- Create an account. (Requirements, screening processes, and conditions can vary for each exchange.)
- Register a payment method to receive funds.
- Send your cryptocurrency to the exchange.
- Sell the cryptocurrency.
- Withdraw the funds from the exchange and receive local currency in your bank account.
You may also cash out crypto for Gift Cards at major retailers such as Amazon, Apple, and many more. These can be purchased within the app from our partner Bitrefill.
Moonpay may or may not offer cash out services in your location within the app.
Paying invoices or making purchases from your ALX Wallet wallet is easy and fast. Your payments will simply deduct from your available balance(s).
How do I get the private key from my ALX Wallet wallet?
You will receive and must make a copy of your private keys immediately when you create your wallets.
ALX Wallet does not have access to your private keys, so you alone are responsible for your keys. If you do not securely save your private keys, you will lose access to your funds.
Can I reverse a transaction from my ALX Wallet wallet?
No, bitcoin transactions which have already been sent to the network cannot be reversed. This is a key feature of the bitcoin protocol that stops payment fraud.
Please contact the person or business you paid if you need to request a refund or return of a mistaken payment.
You can search and view your wallet's transactions by transaction ID or wallet address on public block explorers available for Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Digibyte, and Ethereum.
I forgot my wallet's password. What can I do?
If you need to regain access to your wallet because you have forgotten or lost your password, you can log out and reset your password by clicking on the "Forgot Password" link. You will be sent an email and can then reset your password.
If you have backed up your encrypted wallet, you can delete the wallet and then restore it using your 12 word recovery phrase. Do not delete your wallet if you do not have your 12 word recovery phrase, as you will not be able to recover the deleted wallet without the 12 word recovery phrase.
How do I export my transaction history?
To export your transaction history, you must upgrade your ALX Wallet account to our paid plan. Exporting transaction history is not supported in the free plan.
Once you have upgraded, click to export your transactions to CSV file from your wallet & history pages within ALX Wallet.
I lost my wallet or changed my phone. What can I do to restore my wallet?
You must import your wallet using your private keys. If you do not have your backup phrase, then unfortunately you have lost your wallet and all funds in the wallet. For security, 12 word backup phrases are not stored on ALX Wallet servers, so ALX Wallet cannot recover funds for you.
If you still have your backup phrase:
Open the app and choose Import Wallet . Type out your 12 word recovery phrase and click Import to restore your funds.
What should I do if I've lost my Private Keys, but can still use my wallets to do transactions?
If you've lost your private keys, but have not removed them from your phone and still have access to your wallets "Send" ability... you must immediately withdraw your crypto by sending it to an exchange (Coinbase, Binance, +), or other wallet where you know your private keys.
Only after you have withdrawn your crypto from ALX Wallet and the wallet you lost the keys to, should you create a new wallet & private keys at ALX Wallet that you can then deposit into.
Do not keep crypto in any wallet where you have lost your keys... immediately withdraw the funds & make sure to securely save the private keys of a new wallet before depositing again.